2016 Legislative Session
The Arc Central Chesapeake Region’s Governmental Affairs committee will be advocating on behalf of The Arc, Individuals with I/DD, and their families on issues that will impact services, education, employment, rights, protections, and community living.
The three top priorities currently include:
- Maryland’s budget
- Expanding competitive integrated employment opportunities
- Support Direct Care Workers
To view the public policy agenda supported by The Arc Central Chesapeake Region and the status of budget issues and proposed legislation, go to The Arc Maryland site.
Learning Your Way Around the Process
The State of Maryland provides great materials to help people who are new to the system. We recommend some of these references.
- An overview of the legislative process can be found here
- If you follow the budget, here is the budget calendar
- If you want to track a particular funding stream, you can do so here
- If you want to correspond with a whole committee, you can write to them from the website
- If you want to correspond with a single legislator, you can write to them from the website
- The Arc Maryland has increasing resources to stay abreast of issues and advocate effectively.
Where do I go? View a map of the government buildings and parking.